What are the most common or valuable terms on information security ? ‘terminology‘
Hack value: means when something is worth doing or is interesting for any reason, for example steal information, etc.
Exist three terms that are related,
1. Vulnerability: which is an existence of -weakness -design or -implementation error any of those can lead to an unexpected event compromising the severity of the system.
2. Exploit: is like the gate or a “breach” of IT system security through vulnerabilities.
3. Payload: Once you recognize the vulnerability, also the exploit (way to access) now is turn for the payload, which is the code or task that performs malicious actions. For example: back doors, hijacking PC’s etc.
One common today, is the “ZERO DAY ATTACK“, which is an attack that exploits computer application vulnerabilities before the software developer releases a patch for that vulnerability.
BOT and BOTNET
Bot, is a piece of malicious software (app) that can be controlled remotely to execute or automate preferred task, like (DDoS Attacks, Keylogging, spying etc).
BOTNET, is a huge network already compromised with systems that can be used by an intruder to perform various attacks.
Finally, we can conclude for now, with “Daisy Chaining” and “Doxing“,
– Daisy Chaining, involves gaining access to one network and/or computer and then using the same information to gain access to multiple networks and computers that contain desirable information.
– Doxing is when somebody publish personal information from other person collected from publicly available databases and social media.